Human Resource Questions
1. Who can answer a question about my health insurance?
For links, see the Employee Benefits page or contact the HR department at 334-382-2647.
2. Whom do I call for information concerning state retirement?
- Member Online Services, see the Retirement Systems of Alabama to log in.
- For contact information, via e-mail or phone, Contact Retirement Systems of Alabama.
3. What are the hours of operation of the Human Resources Department?
The standard hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Thursday, and Friday 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. unless otherwise announced.
4. Where is the Human Resources/Personnel Department located?
This office is located at 119 East Commerce Street, Greenville, AL 36037 on the second floor.
5. Can I apply for more than one job on an application form?
You must complete one application for each job you wish to apply.
6. Should I supply a resume along with my application form?
Resumes are preferred, but not required. To submit a resume or other documentation, you must attach it to your application.
We do not accept resumes without an application. For an applicant to be eligible for consideration he or she must submit a completed application online.
Failure to complete the entire application may disqualify you.
7. May I submit a general application for any future positions?
Yes, we do accept applications for part-time and full-time positions. You can apply for a "General Position" on our Employment Opportunities page. We keep your application on file for six (6) months. Please make sure you click the "Notify Me" button on our Employment Opportunities page to sign up to receive an email notification when a position is posted.
8. Is there a physical examination or drug screen?
After an applicant has been offered and has accepted a position, he or she is required to successfully complete a physical exam.
We are an Alabama Drug-Free Workplace. As such, all safety-sensitive positions are required to successfully complete a post-offer drug screen before hiring.
Some positions such as Police Officer and/or Fire Department are required to undergo additional pre-employment testing.
9. How do I apply for a job?
We only accept online applications. To see current openings and apply online, click on the Employment Opportunities page. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please call 334-382-2647.
10. What happens if my disability prevents me from completing the application?
If you are an applicant with a disability and require some reasonable accommodation during any part of the application and/or selection process, please inform the Human Resources Director, and arrangements will be made.